High school juniors invited to register for unique opportunity
Why the museum?
The Holocaust & Intolerance Museum of New Mexico has an excellent volunteer opportunity for high school students approaching their junior year to be greeters this summer. Those who greet this summer could qualify as docents next summer. This rare chance to serve and learn certainly will distinguish students on their college applications. This volunteer opportunity offers students the chance to hone teamwork, customer service, and communication skills. Responsibilities include welcoming visitors, answering the phone, and working in small teams.
A short orientation is scheduled for Saturday, June 1, at 10 a.m. in the museum, 616 Central Avenue SW, Albuquerque. A make-up day will be scheduled for those who canít attend on June 1. Students are encouraged to ask friends to join them. All are welcome.
Register for orientation by May 25 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information. Download the volunteer application from our website, http://www.nmholocaustmuseum.org and bring it with you or include it in your registration email. If you have any questions, email email@example.com or call (505) 247-0606.
The museum, a beneficiary agency of the Jewish Federation of New Mexico, is open Tuesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Loading the player...
We are unique. Our purpose is to educate visitors well as teach about other genocides and forms of bullying that have affected people around the world. We are not limited to one religion, culture, geographic area, or time.
Our site is organized as follows:
- History of genocide—an overview.
- Contact us—ask questions or send messages of support.
- Gifts and donations—you can support us financially and otherwise.
- Projects—past and present.
- Exhibits—some permanent, some temporary (travelling). See a brief summary of the permanent items in our museum.
- Press room—articles that have appeared about our organization.
- Board—important supporters of our work.
- Major contributors—support acknowledged.
- Links—others dedicated to eliminating hate and intolerance.